Doylestown, PA—By searching, clearing and insuring the title to your home, before you buy it, your new owner’s title insurance policy will offer protection for your property for as long as you and your heirs own your home. This could protect you from expensive legal problems down the road.
Do I Really Need Title Insurance?
“Home Buyers often ask, Do I really need title insurance?” claims Todd McCarty, Owner/Partner & Broker of Record – Class-Harlan Real Estate. As a property is conveyed from one party to another, mistakes can be made, some long before interest has been made in the property and these “mistakes” could place your future ownership in jeopardy. For example, the current homeowner could have avoided disclosing that they used the property as collateral for an unpaid loan, or fraudulently claimed to be the sole owner, or have outstanding real estate taxes or contractor debt. So, “YES, title insurance is highly recommended!” The cost is typically 0.5% of the home’s purchase price.
Whether you are paying cash or financing your home, your title insurance will defend your possession of your property and assume the legal costs of that defense for as long as you own the property! And if any challenge to your ownership of the property proves to be legitimate, your title insurance policy will pay for your losses, just as your title insurance policy provides.
Important reasons why a new home buyer should purchase title insurance:
- Fraud in the execution of documents
- Undue influence on a grantor of a deed
- False impersonation by someone purporting to be the owner of real property
- Undisclosed or missing heirs
- Wills not properly probated or misinterpreted wills and trusts
- Transfer of title by a minor
- Incorrect legal descriptions
- Non-delivery of deeds
- Unsatisfied claims not shown on the record
- Deeds executed under expired or false powers of attorneys
- Confusion due to similar or identical names
- Incorrect indexing of the land records
Class-Harlan Real Estate has been serving the real estate needs of the community since 1963. The team of experienced Realtors strive to exceed their clients’ expectations with professionalism and integrity seven days a week. For real estate assistance, please call Class-Harlan Real Estate at 215.348.8111 or visit Meet Our Team